In this webinar, attendees will learn how to apply basic digital accessibility principles, including headings, bulleted and numbered lists, descriptive hyperlinks, alternative text, and image descriptions. Examples will be provided, and attendees will have an opportunity to practice discussing and applying these principles in Microsoft Word. This workshop is intended both to assist presenters in creating accessible presentation materials for the upcoming OWCA conference and to inform the larger writing center community of accessibility principles they can apply in everyday digital contexts.
- Slidedeck – Intro to Digital Accessibility Principles (PPT)
- Transcript – Intro to Digital Accessibility Principles (Word)
- Exercises 1-5 Worksheet (Word)
- Exercise 6 – Example Inaccessible Document (Word)
- Exercises 1-5 (answer key) (Word)
- Exercise 6 (answer key) (Word)
The recording begins with the discussion of headings. Due to a technical glitch, the initial overview of accessibility was not recorded, but the information is included in the transcripts linked above.
Dembsey, J. M. (2021, August). Introduction to digital accessibility principles [webinar]. Online Writing Centers Association.